3/4/13

Gaming at OHNERD!

So, last weekend I went to Columbus OH, to do some gaming. Yes, it was about a 3 hour trip, but luckily I was just a passenger, so it was all good.

We did get to the event an bit late, but these thing happen when you are driving in snow. :)

So, game one was Fiasco. I am very mixed about how this went. It was a gangsters set in England. The setup went fine, but the game suffered due to the fact that we had to cram the game into an hour and a half session. It just felt like there was not a lot of role-playing due to not having enough time. This was not anyone's fault and it was still enjoyable, but I want to re-experience how awesome my first game of this was.

Game two was Lady Blackbird ran by +Aaron Sturgill and it was actually a lot of fun. I have wanted to play this game for a while and have heard it was about as close to Firefly as you can get. But the game was a simple one to pick up (which I \knew it would be) and a very enjoyable time was had by all.

Game three was the one I am still amazed at. +Travis Scott has made/hacked a version of Fate Core that has Dragonriders in it. I had heard from a few other players (he ran it in the first session) that was AWESOME. So, I was happy when +Tracy Barnett talked him into running again in the last slot.

Thank goodness, because it was awesome.

You worked in tandem as one person plays the dragon, and the other played the rider. IT was so much fun to get to play this and I love what Travis has done with his world. I can only hope I get to play it again at some point as it was a joy to do so.

It was the most fun I have had playing Fate in some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment